Go the distance without all the weight with Nikon’s newest super-telephoto lens! Joining the Nikon S-Line is the Nikkor Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S! This full-frame lens gives aviation, sports, bird and wildlife photographers a super-telephoto focal length to fill the frame with fantastic clarity at extreme distances. All while being approximately 48% lighter and 16% shorter than its F-mount counterpart! The Nikkor Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S is here to help you reach for it all!
The Nikkor Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S benefits from the latest optical technologies for maximum sharpness and fidelity. This makes it significantly lighter weight and easier to trek out to the best vantage point, and shoot comfortably, even handheld or with a monopod. With the use of a Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element, the lens element is optimally positioned to minimize ghosting and is combined with three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and one Short-wavelength Refractive (SR) element to effectively suppress axial chromatic aberration. The lens was also built with an emphasis on comfortable usability and extreme optical performance. With close attention to balance, the lens’ center of gravity is positioned closer to the user’s body to enhance smooth panning motion while tracking swiftly moving objects such as birds or sports.
Primary features of the Nikkor Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S:
- Extreme super-telephoto capability for Z-series photographers with an 800mm focal length that brings distant subjects in close, with incredible clarity and sharpness.
- Easy to pack and carry, weighing in at approx. 2385g (5.25lb), and with a reduced footprint of 5.6 in. x 15.2 in.
- Features Nano Crystal Coat, as well as an optimized shape and location of the PF lens element that contributes to a reduction in ghosting for maximum clarity. This is especially useful when shooting into the sky or in the vicinity of bright light sources.
- The optical VR function provides a superior compensation effect equivalent to shooting at a shutter speed of 5.0 stops faster. When paired with the Nikon Z 9, an effect of 5.5 stops is achieved with Synchro VR activation.
- Built to pro standards: Rubber gaskets keep dust, dirt and moisture out of the moving parts and the lens mount. The barrel is constructed of robust magnesium alloy, offering an ideal balance of strength and lightweight. The front element has Nikon’s nonstick Fluorine Coat, which repels oil, moisture and smudges, and easily wipes clean.
- A Memory Recall function instantly recalls focus positions that have been stored in advance, via pressing an assigned button. This function makes it simple to quickly acquire an anticipated subject on a branch or perch.
- Customizable controls include four L-Fn2 buttons and one L-Fn button, to which a wide variety of functions can be assigned and adopted to suit users’ preferences, including subject tracking, AF lock, playback and more. A customizable control ring can also be assigned to adjust ISO, aperture and exposure comp.
- The focal length can be extended to 1,120mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x, and 1,600mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x while maintaining outstanding resolution. Users of high-resolution cameras such as the Z 9 and Z 7II will appreciate the ability to also shoot in DX mode for even further extended reach (1,200mm).
For more information and to pre-order the Nikkor Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S, click here!
Featured in this blog: