Albertan photographers, the deadline for submissions to Exposure’s Emerging Photographers Showcase, 2021, is fast approaching! Exposure Photography Festival welcomes diverse and innovative submissions from Alberta-based emerging photographers and visual artists who incorporate, celebrate or challenge the photographic medium within their practice. It is your chance to show the world your creative, photographic talents, but the deadline to submit is October 15th!
The Emerging Photographers Showcase gives emerging artists, of any age, who are in the early years of launching a professional career, the opportunity to showcase their work during the 2021 Exposure Photo Festival. Once you submit your work, it will be reviewed by this year’s chosen juror, Ryan Doherty, Chief Curator of Contemporary Calgary, alongside the award selection committees and the Exposure team. Selected works will then be shown at Contemporary Calgary as part of the 2021 Exposure Photography Festival in Calgary, Alberta! There are also numerous awards to be won!
To get a better idea of what all you receive from the Emerging Photographers Showcase, here is a breakdown:
Submitting artists will:
- Have the opportunity to be featured on the Exposure Photography Festival curated Instagram account.
- Gain visibility with the 2020 juror and Exposure team.
Accepted artists will:
- Exhibit their work in the Exposure Festival’s Emerging Photographers Showcase.
- Be invited to become involved with the exhibition’s related programming.
- Have their name and website link featured on the Exposure website, reaching audiences worldwide.
- Be featured in the Exposure Photography Festival 2021 printed guide.
- Have the opportunity to win one of the Exposure Awards, as listed below.
- Exposure has applied for funding to provide an artist bursary to help support your printing for the exhibition. (If awarded this funding, Exposure will share detailed information with you.)
There are next to no creative limits on your chosen work! Images can be shot in any format, using any camera, film or digital. Exposure welcomes diverse submissions from photographers and visual artists who incorporate, celebrate or challenge the photographic medium within their practice; this includes photo collage and moving image. You can even submit a 3D work!
The only requirements are that you must reside in Alberta and are in the early stages of your career. There is a $35 submission fee, which includes ten images. It is strongly recommended that you fill all ten images! Additional images may be submitted for $5 each, and photographers/artists may submit up to fifteen images in total.
The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2020, at 6:00 PM MST.
For more information on the 2021 Exposure Photography Festival, click here!