FUJIFILM continues to expand the capabilities of the GFX platform, adding autofocus improvements and new features to the GFX100, 50S, and 50R mirrorless cameras.
LOW-LIGHT AUTOFOCUS PERFORMANCE
Improvements to the GFX100 now allow the camera to focus quickly and accurate in challenging lighting conditions as low as -5EV. Both the 50R and 50S receive the Low Light Priority AF-S mode, which extends exposure time during autofocus to drastically improve AF accuracy in low light situations.
FACE / EYE AF
Portrait shooting with multiple subjects is smoother and easier than ever with the GFX lineup, thanks to improved accuracy and stability in the Face / Eye AF mode while shooting multiple people.
AUTOMATIC FOCUS BRACKETING
Focus bracketing with either model is a breeze with the addition of Auto focus bracketing. Simply specify start and end points, as well as your desired shooting interval, and the camera will automatically determine the number of frames and steps required.
GFX100: RECORD CONTROL FROM GIMBALS AND DRONES
When combined with a gimbal or drone that supports this function, users can now start and stop video recording, specify exposure settings for video, and make manual focus adjustments. Please check the FUJIFILM GFX100 firmware update page for compatible products.
GFX100: RAW VIDEO DATA OUTPUT TO ATOMOS NINJA V RECORDER
The GFX100 is now able to output 4K30p 12-bit RAW video using HDMI to the Atomos Ninja V recording in Apple ProRes RAW. RAW recording offers maximum flexibility for exposure adjustment and colour grading in post-production. As well, simultaneous output of RAW with Film Simulation / F-LOG / Hybrid LOG Gamma (HLG) is also available. Firmware update from Atomos required for Ninja V units.
OTHER ADDITIONS FOR THE GFX LINEUP
- Users can now adjust exposure settings for still images from a computer when using tether software.
- More photo editing applications will support the import of rating info assigned in-camera
- [50S/50R] The maximum number of images saved in each folder on an SD card has increased from 999 to 9,999.
- [50S/50R] When setting colour temperature in the White Balance setting, the value of the colour temperature is also displayed.
- [50S] When the ISO dial is set to “C” (Command), AUTO1, AUTO2, and AUTO3 can be selected in ISO setting.
- [GFX100] A compressed mode has been added to RAW recording options.