Two New Nikon Nikkor Z Lenses
We love a new lens announcement, but do you know what makes it even better? When we have two lens announcements! Yes, Nikon has announced two new additions to the Z Nikkor lens line-up. Extremely different but equally outstanding, the new Nikkor Z 85mm f1.2 S and the new Nikkor Z 26mm f2.8mm! The portrait-perfect Z 85mm f1.2 S gives users a classic view with an exotic aperture, ideal for photo and video pros shooting portraiture, weddings, maternity, high fashion and boudoir. The slim and light Z 26mm f2.8mm is a pancake prime born for the streets, transforming the users’ camera into the smallest version of itself, encouraging users to shoot in more places, more often. Both lenses are incredibly exciting for very different reasons!
Nikkor Z 85mm f1.2 S: Beautiful Bokeh and Precise AF
The Z 85mm f1.2 S is nothing short of captivating, with ultra-high-resolution and intense sharpness that renders skin texture and hair realistically. The striking yet gradual depth of field and abundant
light-gathering ability is something only a wide f/1.2 aperture could offer. What truly makes this lens special is the outstanding optical performance that goes beyond the impressive sharpness to create a truly unique optic, with a special emphasis given to the distinct character of the bokeh and out-of-focus area. The background blur is soft and natural, while the transition from the plane of focus is subtle and gradual. Wide open, the depth is utterly astounding with smooth and circular bokeh that drives attention to the subject to create a glamourous appearance, desirable for fashion, boudoir and brides.
The optical construction includes 11 rounded diaphragm blades, which work together with the fast aperture to melt away point light sources into round and soft circles. The ED glass suppresses colour fringing, while the position of the carefully considered lens elements helps to eliminate any kind of ‘onion-ring’ characteristics. The Z 85mm f1.2 S benefits from Nikon’s advanced multi-focusing system for enhanced optical performance at close distances. The multi-focusing system consists of two-stepping (STM) motors to coordinate the positioning of two focusing lens groups simultaneously. These small-diameter, high-torque STMs in the AF mechanism ensure outstandingly quiet, fast, and accurate operation. The rapid AF performance enables precise accuracy even with the razor-thin depth of field at f1.2.
Additional Features of the new Nikkor Z 85mm f1.2 S:
- A Nikon first, f/1.2 aperture on an 85mm lens, provides shallow depth of field, gorgeous bokeh and amazing light-gathering capability.
- A minimum focusing distance of only 2.8ft / 0.85m lets you get close to subjects for immaculate details.
- Embrace shooting with challenging backlight thanks to a Nano Crystal Coat that suppresses ghosting and flare.
- Videographers will appreciate the quiet operational sound and fast AF afforded by the STM motors, the minimized focus breathing2 as well as the support for manual linear focusing on select cameras.
- The independent control ring and an additional L-Fn button are fully customizable.
- The optical formula consists of 15 elements in 10 groups with 2 aspherical elements and one ED element. The ED lens effectively reduces chromatic aberration while the aspherical lens reduces spherical aberration, distortion, and other aberrations.
- The lens is constructed of durable magnesium alloy, while superior dust and drip resistance is ensured by sealing in various areas including movable parts of the lens barrel and mount.
For more information and to pre-order the new Nikkor Z 85mm f1.2 S, click here!
The Nikkor Z 26mm f2.8: A Premium Pancake for Every-Day Carry
The Z 26mm f2.8 is Nikon’s slimmest and lightest full-frame AF lens ever created! This super-thin wide-angle prime, despite its small size, packs a tremendous punch with superior sharpness and beautifully blurred backgrounds with a fast f2.8 aperture. The Z 26mm f2.8 is also the first Nikkor Z lens to be slender and light enough to be considered a true ‘pancake’, with a total length of less than 23.5mm (0.9 in) and a weight of approximately 125g (4.5oz).
The Z 26mm f2.8 is small enough and so lightweight that it’s ideal to take anywhere to capture photos and video with maximum impact. Whether shooting street photography, travel vlogs or landscape shots in a unique location, the Z 26mm f2.8 is ready to be the perfect companion on any adventure!
Additional Features of the Nikkor Z 26mm f2.8:
- The slimness and lightness are achieved thanks to the adoption of an All-element focusing system, as well as three aspherical lens elements.
- When mounted on a DX-format camera, the focal length becomes 39mm (equivalent), similar to a standard angle lens.
- A minimum focus distance of approx. eight inches (0.2m) lets users get close to their subjects.
- The use of an STM motor enables a highly accurate AF drive.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Includes a new lens cap and a lens hood that has been specially designed to be slim and work with 52mm filters. (filters sold separately)
- The lens is fitted with a durable metal mount, and the body is designed carefully considering dust- and drip-resistant
For more information and to pre-order the new Nikkor Z 26mm f2.8, click here!
Featured in this blog: