Canadian photographer, Sarah Fuller, is hosting an exceptional Autumn photography retreat this October at Herdsman House, Neubergthal, Manitoba! Equinox Equivalents: Blending Analog and Digital Photography is a three-day photography retreat that beautifully combines low-tech historical photo processes with digital techniques. This intimate and unique retreat will surely be an experience of a lifetime!
Sarah Fuller has over 15 years of experience facilitating and instructing artist workshops. During this three-day workshop, Sarah will guide participants through:
- Making a pinhole camera and how to expose paper negatives
- Creation of Cyanotype prints
- Cyanotype print toning
- Creating a digital negative in Photoshop
- Scanning pinhole paper negatives and basic Photoshop post-production
Herdsman House – Neubergthal, Manitoba.
- When: October 7-9, 2022
- Where: Herdsman House, Neubergthal, south-central Manitoba on Treaty 1 Territory. More information about the beautiful Herdsman House can be found at herdsmanhouse.com
- Who: 8 participants
- Cost: $450 – Includes two nights of accommodation & food, as well as instruction and limited photochemistry/materials to try out techniques.
The workshop fee includes:
- Instructor with over 15 years of experience facilitating and instructing artist workshops
- Two nights’ accommodation in Neubergthal (October 7 & 8, 2022)
- Food, including two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners and snacks.
- A small darkroom to develop prints.
- 5 sheets of 8”x10” black and white photo paper for the creation of pinhole paper negatives
- Limited amounts of black and white chemistry to develop pinhole negatives
- Limited amounts of black paint, black paper and gaffer tape to a create pinhole camera.
- 2 sheets of 8”x10” inkjet printable transparency for the creation of digital negatives
- 5 sheets of 8”x10” watercolour paper
- Limited amounts of Cyanotype chemistry (up to 20 sheets of 8×10” paper )
- Limited amounts of Cyanotype toning supplies to tone prints.
Participants are responsible for: bringing a light-tight container to make their pinhole camera. As well participants are welcome to bring additional photo materials and supplies if they would like to create more works.