Sarah Fuller Fall Photography Retreat at Herdsman House
Canadian photographer, Sarah Fuller, is hosting an exceptional Autumn photography retreat this October at Herdsman House, Neubergthal, Manitoba! Equinox Equivalents: Blending Analog and Digital Photography is a three-day photography retreat that beautifully combines low-tech historical photo processes with digital techniques. This intimate and unique retreat will surely be an experience of a lifetime!
Sarah Fuller has over 15 years of experience facilitating and instructing artist workshops. During this three-day workshop, Sarah will guide participants through:
- Making a pinhole camera and how to expose paper negatives
- Creation of Cyanotype prints
- Cyanotype print toning
- Creating a digital negative in Photoshop
- Scanning pinhole paper negatives and basic Photoshop post-production
Herdsman House – Neubergthal, Manitoba.
Equinox Equivalents: Blending Analog and Digital Photography Retreat:
- When: October 7-9, 2022
- Where: Herdsman House, Neubergthal, south-central Manitoba on Treaty 1 Territory. More information about the beautiful Herdsman House can be found at herdsmanhouse.com
- Who: 8 participants
- Cost: $450 – Includes two nights of accommodation & food, as well as instruction and limited photochemistry/materials to try out techniques.
The workshop fee includes:
- Instructor with over 15 years of experience facilitating and instructing artist workshops
- Two nights’ accommodation in Neubergthal (October 7 & 8, 2022)
- Food, including two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners and snacks.
- A small darkroom to develop prints.
- 5 sheets of 8”x10” black and white photo paper for the creation of pinhole paper negatives
- Limited amounts of black and white chemistry to develop pinhole negatives
- Limited amounts of black paint, black paper and gaffer tape to a create pinhole camera.
- 2 sheets of 8”x10” inkjet printable transparency for the creation of digital negatives
- 5 sheets of 8”x10” watercolour paper
- Limited amounts of Cyanotype chemistry (up to 20 sheets of 8×10” paper )
- Limited amounts of Cyanotype toning supplies to tone prints.
Participants are responsible for: bringing a light-tight container to make their pinhole camera. As well participants are welcome to bring additional photo materials and supplies if they would like to create more works.
For more information about the workshop, please visit sarahefuller.com/workshops and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org