Nikon has announced the release of NX STUDIO (Ver.1.0), which is a new, free, all-in-one software that enables seamless viewing, processing and editing of still images and video captured with a Nikon digital camera.
The new Nikon NX STUDIO computer software allows users to enjoy the benefits of full-scale editing of still images while having more instinctive operation and workflow. A wide range of editing features helps users achieve their desired output, including picture controls, white balance settings and exposure compensation for RAW data.
The exploration of colour control points allows users to maximize the benefits of colour adjustment to specific areas of a photo, as well as the retouch brush feature for advanced correction of an area.
Maintaining the same user-friendly interface as previous Nikon software, NX STUDIO has also been improved its operation by offering a functional yet simple consolidated menu design organized by workflow categories. Nikon has also enhanced the overall response speed for each function to enable smoother processing of both still images and videos.
Improving workflow and expanding the possibilities of imaging expression, NX STUDIO supports the transfer of images to NIKON IMAGE SPACE, Nikon’s image sharing and storage service, and enables users to easily upload edited videos to YouTube.
Key Features Include:
- The viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video can be completed in one place, including JPG, TIFF and NEF (RAW) files
- Features a functional yet simple menu structure categorized by workflow
- Menu items and terminology match that of Nikon cameras, enabling easy-to-understand operation
- Features a variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, as well as a 2/4 screen comparison option, in addition to a simple and easy-to-read shooting information display
- Inherits XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions from “ViewNX-i”
- Incorporates detailed editing functions from Capture NX-D, including colour control points that enable the adjustment of colours within a specified area, allowing for the precise editing of images
- Users can choose how adjustment information is saved, whether in a separate file using the sidecar file format or directly to the image itself
- Works with other software such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2 for a smooth post-shooting workflow
To see compatibility and to download NX STUDIO for Windows and Mac, click here!