Canon has introduced its first dual fisheye lens! Say hello to the new RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye! This high-quality L-series fisheye has a 190-degree field of view captured from two separate optical systems to deliver outstanding results for 180° VR viewing platforms. With the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye, VR creators can have the freedom to shoot regardless of the time of day or position of the sun. With weather resistance and remote-control live view functionality with the Canon Camera Connect app, the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye is ready to empower the next generation of immersive storytellers!
Compact, lightweight, and portable, the new Canon RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye‘s design provides versatile exposure control. With a maximum aperture of a bright f/2.8, to a deep depth of field of f/16 with electronically-controlled apertures, the dual fisheye lens can operate just like other RF mount lenses. The EOS VR System’s excellent workflow is accomplished by recording left and right fisheye images to a single full-frame image sensor. This design helps to solve common VR challenges of stitching and synching by outputting one single image file. With a dust and water-resistant sealing and fluorine coating, the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye delivers peace of mind even in challenging weather conditions, especially when paired with the robust EOS R5.
Additional features of Canon’s first interchangeable, stereoscopic 3D 180° VR 180 lens include:
- Close-focusing distance of 7.87-inches/0.2m is possible – max magnification is 0.03x.
- Aperture range of f/2.8 to f/16 with a 7-blade aperture and simultaneous electromagnetic diaphragm for both left and right lenses.
- Built-in Gelatin Filter Holder – allows ND gel filters to be used in bright environments if a bright aperture is desired.
- Fluorine Coating on the front lens elements, with a dust and water-resistant design.
- Extremely compact size – allowing it to be used in different types of productions.
Featured in this blog: