We love a firmware update, and Nikon has released one for the outstanding Nikon Z9. The camera of the year just got better with Firmware 2.10! With upgrades for both video and photo, Firmware 2.10 has something for all Nikon Z9 users!
Firmware 2.10 for the Nikon Z9 has numerous video upgrades that are sure to excite videographers! Here are a few noteworthy upgrades:
- Nikon has introduced the groundbreaking new N-RAW. N-RAW video format packs all the depth and detail of 12-bit RAW video into a file that’s half the size of equivalent ProRes RAW HQ files.
- Users can also record pristine 12-bit ProRes RAW HQ or new N-RAW video straight to the Z9’s memory cards, no external device required.
- Firmware 2.10 also unlocks the Z 9’s ability to record 12-bit 4.1K ProRes RAW HQ footage up to 60p in-camera. ProRes RAW HQ makes it easy to move between multiple cameras and editing platforms with a consistent workflow.
- Now the Z 9 has separate display interfaces for video and stills, each one optimized for the task at hand.
- Now users can make smooth ISO adjustments in 1/6-stop increments.
Of course, Firmware 2.10 for the Nikon Z9 also has some major updates for photographers. Here are some highlighted upgrades:
- When shooting fast action, new Pre-Release Capture records the instant right before you take your shot, capturing a moment that might otherwise have been missed.
- 20 new custom Wide-Area AF (C1/C2) options, so users can define the shape of their focus area. The custom focus area will even work simultaneously with Subject Detection and Eye-Detect AF.
- For the first time in a Nikon camera, users can now save multiple focus positions to the Z9 or a lens and recall them with the touch of a button.
- Firmware 2.10 unlocks an option to increase the Z9’s Real Live Viewfinder refresh rate to 120 fps, making it even easier to track fast action like sports, birds and wildlife.
- A new retouch feature, Motion Blend, lets users combine a sequence of motion into one amazing still image, right in the camera with no additional software or accessories.
There is more where this comes from! Read all the amazing new features that come with Firmware 2.10 and download it here!
Featured in this blog: