Are you a professional photographer looking to share your knowledge? Do you want to help shape the photographers of tomorrow? Prairie College, in Three Hills, Alberta, is looking for a part-time Digital Media Teacher! With the flexibility to live in Calgary and only have to commute to Three Hills once a week, this is an exciting job opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the following courses: Principles of Marketing, Fundamentals of Photography, Advanced Photography, Portfolio 1, Portfolio 2, and Digital Media Practicum.
- Teaching/instructing includes: Developing an approved course syllabus, prompt course grading and submission of grades, providing reasonable assistance to students within the course for successful learning, adequate preparation for teaching and course instruction at Three Hills campus during the dates as mutually agreed upon. Each 3 credit course should be at least 33 teaching hours of instruction as well as 70 hours of student work beyond the classroom.
- Care and repair of equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent teaching skills in a post-secondary classroom setting.
- Passionate about educating college students in digital media training.
- Knowledge and experience in the digital media field and particularly using Adobe products.
- Ability and skill to relate well to college-age students.
- Able to transfer passion, knowledge, and skills for digital media to students.
- Able to commute to the Three Hills campus.
- Mission: Knowledge of and commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and Community Covenant.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Education: Relevant to digital media expertise.
- Experience: Two or more years of successful post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Credential: Currently working professionally in the digital media field.
- English Language: Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including composition and grammar.
- Team attitude: Must have the ability to work in and contribute to a team.
To apply, please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.