In October 2015, Steve Baylin & Steve Hiscock are guiding an 8 day photography tour of Costa Rica. Presented by Merit Travel, this tour is perfect for nature lovers and will be full of exotic wildlife, tropical plants, rainforests, and beautiful landscapes.
Highlights: San Jose, Paos Volcano National Park, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge (Rio Frio), Arenal Lake Crossing, Trapiche Tour (Costa Rican family project), EcoJungle Boat trip- Guacaililo Estuary and Tarcoles River, Manuel Antonio National Park, and Carara National Park
About Steve Baylin
Originally from Montreal, Steve is a retired pediatric dentist who was living and practicing in Calgary from 1978-2011. In 2012 he moved to Canmore where he could spend more of his time as a landscape and nature photographer. Steve is passionate about nature’s abundant colours and species, from intricate details in flowers, frozen abstract palettes of winter, beautiful flowing lines of landscape, and wildlife in his own ‘backyard.’ Most of his images have been captured in Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia and the SW United States. His work has been featured in Alberta and published in magazines.
About Steve Hiscock
Steve Hiscock is a sports photographer and enjoys shooting landscape and lifestyle images. His images have been featured in magazines, calendars, billboards, and other forms of media.
Living in Saskatoon, Steve has photographed many sports teams, including the Saskatchewan Roughriders, the U of S Huskies, the Saskatoon Hilltops, and the New York Islanders training camp, as well as many NHL pre-season games in Saskatoon. Steve has also been the Saskatoon Blades team photographer for the last 10 years.
Cost: $3450 CAD
• Private airport transfer to/ from San Jose International Airport
• Seven nights, four-star accommodation
• Meals, as per the itinerary
• All local transportation, as per the itinerary
• All admissions and park fees, as per the itinerary
• Local professional guide; Merit Travel tour host; 2 host photographers
• Pre-tour seminar/ webinar to provide tour information and to assist in preparing your photographic equipment for the tour
• International airfare (Merit Travel can assist in booking your air fare, if required)
• Trip cancellation and medical insurance (Merit Travel offers very competitive rates & coverage)
• Passport and required travel documents
• Items of personal nature
• Alcoholic beverages with meals
• Any site visits not listed on the itinerary or marked as optional
• Gratuities for guides and drivers
• Costa Rican departure tax payable at the airport in USD
For more information on the Costa Rica: Photography Beyond the Senses Tour,
please visit the event page at merittravel.com.