Canon’s First APS-C EOS R Series Cameras
There are two new exciting additions to the Canon EOS R Series line-up. The new Canon EOS R7 and Canon R10 usher in a range of smaller, lighter, more affordable options. Alongside the camera bodies, Canon announced two new RF-S lenses – a series of RF-mount lenses that are optimized for the smaller APS-C sensor size of the new EOS R camera system. Marked as the RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM and RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM lenses, these will be the standard zoom lenses for the EOS R7 and EOS R10 cameras. The RF-S 18-45mm provides an 18-45mm focal length, but users will experience a field of view equivalent to 29-72mm lens coverage on a full-frame camera. The RF-S18-150mm lens is a longer-range standard zoom, equivalent to 29-240mm lens coverage on a full-frame sensor. While ideal for the new EOS R10 and EOS R7 APS-C sized sensor bodies, these lenses can be used for any R-series camera.
The Canon EOS R10 is designed with content creators in mind. Featuring a high-speed shooting 15 FPS mechanical shutter, a 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, and fast autofocus, the EOS R10 camera brings some of the best features from the growing EOS R Series to a sleek, lightweight design.
The Canon EOS R7 is the most advanced APS-C camera from Canon. It features a high-speed shooting 32.5 MP sensor, in-body stabilization up to 7 stops with coordinated control IS, and 4K60p video. It offers maximum versatility for capturing photos and videos of fast action, wildlife, and more. The perfect all-around camera is designed to satisfy enthusiasts to professionals.
In addition to their compact size and ease of use, the EOS R7 and EOS R10 also feature:
- 32 million pixels (EOS R7) and 24 million pixels (EOS R10), APS-C size image sensor
- Autofocus (AF): subject detection inherited from EOS R3
- Up to 15 frames per second (FPS) mechanical shutter
- First Canon APS-C camera with up to 7.0 stops Coordinated Image Stabilization
- Dual memory card slots (EOS R7 only)
- Full width 4K video recording at 60p (EOS R7 only), 30p and 24p
- Record each clip over thirty (30) minutes2
- Up to 30FPS with electronic shutter (EOS R7 only)
- Dust and moisture resistant (EOS R7 only)
- In-body image stabilization (EOS R7 only)
For more information on the Canon EOS R10 and the RF-S 18-45mm lens, click here!
For more information on the Canon EOS R7 and the RF-S 18-150mm lens, click here!
Featured in this blog: